SYCF Small Grants Fund
Demand for grants from the South Yorkshire Community Foundation is high and as such our funding streams can often be spent very swiftly.
To avoid disappointment and undue energies being spent in completing application forms, potential applicants are asked to contact the Grants team before beginning to fill out a grant application.
If you would like to make an application for funding in Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham or Sheffield, please contact the Grants team first on 0114 2424294 on any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday for the latest position of our funding available.
These grants are intended for small, developing and less well-resourced groups and organisations from across South Yorkshire, where small amounts of funding can make a real difference.
Organisations/groups do not have to be a registered charity and the majority of grants are one-off payments of between £250 and £1,500.
We welcome applications from all community and voluntary groups and organisations operating for the benefit of South Yorkshire communities. Groups must therefore have beneficiaries who live in South Yorkshire and be locally led and run. This includes locally constituted and managed branches of national or large charities.
Which groups or activities will be prioritised for funding?
Higher priority will be given to those applications that can demonstrate how they will address some of the following needs. If your group or activity will not meet these priorities then you can still apply but it is less likely that you will receive funding from us:
- Groups that respond to their communities' needs.
- Activities or projects that will support people whose needs can be clearly demonstrated.
- Groups whose main activities focus upon the advancement of education, promotion of good health or the relief of poverty and sickness.
- Groups that work in collaboration with other local community groups.
- Activities or projects that will engage people who face discrimination or disadvantage.
- Activities or projects that will produce a wide range of benefits and provide good value for money.
If you want to apply for a SYCF Small Grant please make sure that you read our Small Grants Fund overview sheet before applying. You can also contact the Grants Team to discuss your project on 0114 242 4294 Tuesday to Thursday during office hours.